Most people are now conversant with SkyDrive and Google Drive applications or have heard about their launch. While these cloud storage services are superb, data security is a major problem.
Any person with stored important data within the cloud and is not comfortable with data privacy and security should definitely lookout for Cloudfogger. The free application helps in easy encryption of files saved in Dropbox, Google Drive and SkyDrive.
Cloudfogger encrypts files through Advanced Encryption Standard or AES in short and it is possible to share files secured by Cloudfogger with other people. The only required thing is an ID automatically generated that you give to the individual you want to share the data with.
1. After running it, the first thing is creation of a Cloudfogger account to start securing files with the software.
2. Right clicking any file gives Fogg Share, Fogg-Encrypt, Lock Account, Shred/Delete and Fog Copy options.
3. Right click on a file to encrypt it by clicking Fogg Encrypt.
4. All files encrypted are visible on Drive X or virtual Cloudfogger.
5. File can be opened within virtual Cloudfogger drive where editing can be done through the use of the application you are using, for instance, Dropbox, SkyDrive or Google Drive.